These Valentines chocolate covered strawberries will be your new favorite Valentine's treat. These juicy strawberries dunked in silky chocolate take just 5-7 minutes to make, and are so delicious.
Plus they're not perfect for Feb 14th, they're also great any other day.... because chocolate + strawberries. Serve them with Ravioli with Mushroom Cream Sauce or with your Waffles for Galentine's Day.
Table of contents
How will these Valentine's Day strawberries make your life easier?
Whether you're single or have a significant other, you definitely need something special to eat on Valentine's Day. Lots of fancy Valentine's Day desserts take time, or cost a lot of money.
But these super easy 5ish minute Valentines chocolate covered strawberries won't take you long or cost you much money. Sprinkles are the key, they turn a delicious 2 ingredient dessert into a FUN delicious 2 ingredient dessert.
Here are a couple other Valentines (or Galentines! recipes: Gnocchi Carbonara, Peach and Prosciutto Caprese Pizza, Lemon Carbonara, Easy Strawberry Salad, Baked Salmon in Parchment Paper, and Pan Seared Pork Chops. OR make WAFFLES for Galentine's Day.
What makes these strawberries so good?
- Chocolate chips
- Pink sprinkles
How do I make the chocolate covered strawberries?
To start making your Valentines chocolate covered strawberries, wash and dry each of your 8 strawberries. They need to be completely dry for the chocolate to stick to them.
Have everything set up before heating the chocolate because it doesn't stick well as it cools off. So get strawberries ready and get sprinkles out.
Pour ½ c chocolate chips into a small, microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave them in increments of 20 seconds, and then stir, so it doesn't get overcooked and turn chalky. Stir until smooth.
Grab each strawberry by the leaves and dip into the melted chocolate. Roll around the chocolate until most of the strawberry is covered. Let excess chocolate drip off of strawberry, or scrape it off using the side of the bowl.
Transfer your Valentines chocolate covered strawberries to a small lined baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper on it. Repeat with each strawberry.
Now that all the strawberries are dipped and on a cookie sheet, you get to sprinkle the sprinkles over each strawberry. Press into chocolate if needed. Use whatever sprinkles you like! I recommend anything pink &/or white.
Transfer your Valentines chocolate covered strawberries to the fridge and refrigerate, uncovered for at least 15 minutes, or up to one day for peak freshness. Strawberries tend to ripen and get a bit watery after 2 days, chocolate can discolor.
- Dry strawberries completely before dipping them in the chocolate. It will stick better to dry berries. Room temperature berries are also better.
- Use your favorite type of chocolate to make these Valentines chocolate covered strawberries, I love these dipped in melted semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- If chocolate starts to not stick to your berries after dipping a few (and they're dry) reheat the chocolate for 10 seconds. Don't reheat it multiple times because the chocolate will start to get chalky.
- Strawberries will continue to ripen and chocolate may discolor if left in fridge for more than a day or 2. They really aren't good after a day or so. Trust me.
- Double or triple this Valentines chocolate covered strawberries recipe to make a large batch!
Step 1: Melt chocolate chips and stir until they're silky smooth, just like in this Valentines chocolate covered strawberries recipe.
Step 2: Sprinkle sprinkles or other toppings on them. Valentines chocolate covered strawberries are super easy and can be decorated however you want. They can be simple like this or you can use a piping bag and pipe other chocolate on them.
Yes! Chocolate dipped strawberries need at least 20 or so minutes to harden. I wouldn't refrigerate them for more than a day or 2 because the chocolate can develop white spots and the strawberries can get too ripe.
The best way to prepare your strawberries so the chocolate sticks to them well is to leave them out at room temperature before dipping, and make sure they're DRY. The chocolate will just slide off of wet strawberries or it won't stick to them at all.
Also, dip your Valentines chocolate covered strawberries quickly, chocolate doesn't stick as well as it starts to harden. So you may need to heat chocolate up in batches if you're dipping a lot.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
- Strawberries: Chicken and Strawberry Salad, Fresh Strawberry Sauce, or this Strawberry Banana Smoothie.
- Chocolate: Small Batch Double Chocolate Cookies, Fudgy Pumpkin Brownies, Small Batch PB Cookies, PB Energy Bites.
Did you make these Valentines chocolate covered strawberries? Leave me a comment & rating to share how they turned out!
Valentines Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Small mixing bowl (microwave safe)
- Small cookie sheet
- Baking Mat or Parchment Paper
- 8 strawberries
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup pink sprinkles
- Before starting, make sure that each berry is washed well and completely dry.
- Pour ½ c chocolate chips into a small microwave safe mixing bowl. Place in microwave and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir with a spoon. Return to microwave and cook in 20 second increments and stir until chocolate is shiny and smooth. It should take about 60-90 seconds.
- Then grab each strawberry by the leaves and dip into chocolate. Roll around until most of the strawberry is covered with chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off of strawberry, then transfer to a small cookie sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper on it. Repeat with each strawberry.
- After all strawberries are dipped and on a cookie sheet, sprinkle the sprinkles over each strawberry. Press into chocolate if needed.
- Transfer to fridge and refrigerate uncovered for at least 15 minutes, up to one day.
- Make sure your strawberries are completely dry before dipping them. Chocolate will stick better to dry berries, also it's easier to use room temperature berries too.
- I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, use your favorite type of chocolate
- If chocolate starts to not stick to your berries and they're dry, reheat the chocolate for 10 or so seconds. It doesn't stick as well after it hardens. But just do this once or your chocolate will get chalky.
- Strawberries will continue to ripen and chocolate may discolor if left in fridge for more than a day or 2.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled + to make a big batch.
Recipes are great, but you’ll need a simple 3 step process to create a meal plan that make cooking easy & helps you stop wasting food. Check out this expertly developed meal planning guide to get started.