Healthy Pistachio Pasta Sauce
This healthy pistachio pasta sauce is not only a delicious sauce, but is a great way to use up extra greens. Make a couple servings to freeze for a quick dinner.
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup shelled pistachios (4 ounces)
- 4 cups fresh spinach stems removed
- 1 cup basil leaves
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Swap spinach for arugula or other greens
- Add up to ¼ cup additional oil if pesto doesn't blend well
- Use pesto as a pasta sauce, top fish or chicken, or use as a salad dressing.
- You can also freeze this pesto to use later