Instant Pot Lentil Stroganoff
If you're looking for a delicious, cosy, and easy dinner, this Instant Pot lentil stroganoff with mushrooms fits the bill. It's hearty, filling, and a fun vegetarian take on the traditional beef stroganoff.
Servings 2 people
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced white onion
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup red wine
- ½ cup green lentils rinsed
- 1 cup beef or vegetable broth
- ½ pound egg noodles
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- parsley for garnish
Turn Instant Pot onto sautee setting. Once hot, pour 1T olive oil into pan, then ½ c diced onions, 1 lb sliced mushrooms, ½ tsp salt & ¼ tsp ground pepper. Stir until translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add 1 clove garlic (minced), then deglaze pan with ¼ cup red wine. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add ½ green lentils and 1 c stock to vegetables. The mushrooms will not be completely covered, but that's ok. Stir. Cancel cooking setting and reset to MULTIGRAIN and cook for 15 minutes on HIGH. Place lid on, and set vent to SEALING.
Once timer has gone off, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. While pressure is releasing, cook ½ lb egg noodles according to package directions. Once lentils have been sitting for 10 minutes, turn vent from SEALING to VENTING. Let remaining steam release. Open lid once it's unlocked. Add ½ c plain Greek yogurt, stir together. Pour over hot noodles, and garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy
- Use green lentils instead of other colors because they're the heartiest and will maintain their shape during the cooking process.
- To make this recipe super super easy, buy precut onions, garlic, and sliced mushrooms.
- If you don't use or have any red wine on hand, sub vegetable or beef stock
- You can use sour cream instead of the Greek yogurt, just use the same amount in the recipe
- Parmesan cheese is also great on this stroganoff!
- If you want to sub the red wine, sub with equal parts grape juice OR broth.