Small Peach Cobbler with Cake Mix
This small peach cobbler with cake mix is super easy, quick, and can be made in your oven or out camping. It's flavor, ease, and minimal dishes make it the best peach cobbler recipe.
Servings 2 servings
- 1 14.5 oz can of peaches, in peach juice
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ box yellow cake mix
- 1 tablespoon butter sliced thinly
- ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or prepare coals in firepit. Spray dutch oven or cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
Dump one 14.5 oz can of peaches into pan. Sprinkle (½T) brown sugar and (¼ t) cinnamon evenly over peaches. (there will still be a lot of juice in pan, but the juice will be absorbed by the cake mix).
Sprinkle ¼ box dry yellow cake mix over peaches. Spread out evenly. Distribute slices of butter (1 T) on top of cake mix.
Cover if cooking over fire, can bake without a lid (that's what I do). Cook for 45-50 minutes, or up to 90 depending on campfire temperature. Top should be golden brown and peach juices bubbly.
Remove and serve immediately. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
- I love using canned peaches because 1. fresh peaches out of season are NO GOOD! I'm a peach snob. and 2. you'll get lots of great juices and 3. they're way less expensive
- Use peaches packed in their own juices. They taste extra peachy (instead of extra sweet) and are just delicious.