Spinach Apple Banana Smoothie
This spinach apple banana smoothie is a great drinkable breakfast for days you're not super hungry, or as a snack. It's packed with tart flavors like green apple and pineapple as well as ginger.
Servings 1 smoothie
- ½ whole Granny Smith apple cored, quartered
- ½ whole banana fresh or frozen
- ¾ cup frozen pineapple slices
- ⅓ cup fresh spinach leaves or frozen, see note below
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 cup water or apple juice
Layer in apple quarters, frozen banana, frozen pineapple, spinach, grated ginger, flax seeds, and liquid. Blend until smooth.
Pour into glass and enjoy immediately.
- Adjust the amount of ginger you add to your preferences.
- Add a dollop of yogurt and/or milk to your spinach apple banana smoothie to make it more filling.
- Add apple juice or water to the smoothie for a fruitier flavor, but you can also add milk, almond milk, soy milk, or your favorite milk alternative.
- Substitute fresh spinach for frozen spinach. Just add ½ the amount of frozen spinach (about 3 Tablespoons).
- Optional add-ins: Chia seeds, ground flax, and flax seeds? are all great additions to this smoothie.