Healthy Cucumber Tomato Salad
This 5 ingredient, 10 minute healthy cucumber tomato salad with basil is the perfect summer recipe, and is a great way to use fresh vegetables. Add chicken for an easy dinner for one, or keep it as a side dish for a summer picnic/quick dinner.
Servings 1 person
medium mixing bowl
small mixing bowl
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- ½ cup cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half, lengthwise
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5-6 basil leaves
Add 1 c sliced cucumbers and ½ c tomatoes (sliced in half) to a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
Mix together ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar, ¼ teaspoon salt in a small mixing bowl. Pour over vegetables, and toss well.
Chiffonade basil leaves and add to salad right before serving.
- How to chiffonade basil: Stack basil leaves, then roll them up into a tube. Slice basil into thin strips and add to salad.
- How to turn this into a full meal: Serve with crusty bread and grilled chicken