Easy Lemon Herb Baby Couscous
Make this super easy baby couscous side dish to go with your main. It's quick, flavorful, and a great way to use up your herbs. It's the perfect no effort 15 minute side dish for fish, pork chops, and chicken.
Servings 2 people
Small Saucepan with Lid
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup couscous
- ½ teaspoon chicken bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves or other herbs (rosemary, dill, etc)
Bring ¾ cup water to a boil. Once water is at a rolling boil, turn off heat and remove pot from heat.
Add ½ c couscous, ½ tsp chicken bouillon, and ¼ tsp salt to boiling water. Stir and cover for 5 minutes. Chop 1-2 T of parsley leaves, set aside.
Remove lid and stir to fluff couscous. Once all water has been absorbed, add in parsley leaves and 1 T of lemon juice. Stir together and serve with your main dish immediately.
- Don't have chicken bouillon, use ¾ c of chicken broth or stock instead of water and chicken bouillon.
- Completely remove parsley leaves from stalks, they're tough and don't taste that great.
- Add parsley slowly and taste if you're not sure how much parsley you'd like in it.
- Serve with Instant Pot Fish