Roasted Garlic Mushrooms
Make a small batch of tender, crispy, roasted garlic mushrooms with a butter sauce in just 15 minutes. These mushrooms would be great added to lots of meals like steak, a simple salad, chicken, or a pork chop and mashed potatoes.
Servings 1 cup
- 1 cup white button mushrooms washed and dried
- 2 cloves garlic skin removed, left whole
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating, add mushrooms, 2 whole cloves garlic, 2 Tbsp oil, 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, ¼ tsp salt, and 1 tsp thyme to small mixing bow. Toss with tongs until all mushrooms are evenly coated. Transfer to quarter baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper on it. Spread into one layer.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned. Remove from oven and, using tongs or spatula, smash garlic cloves to release flavor. Add an additional Tablespoon of oil if needed. Stir oil and garlic together and pour or spoon on mushrooms prior to serving.
Serve over a juicy steak or pork chop, with a steak salad with mushrooms or over pasta. Use the garlicky oil as a sauce or dressing.
- Make extra mushrooms to refrigerate for later.
- Do not mince the garlic or cut it because it'll burn in the oven. Whole garlic cloves will soften and sweeten when cooked.
- Cut mushrooms in half to cook more quickly.
- Remove the smashed garlic before serving if desired. Your oil/sauce will still taste garlicky.