Apple Cucumber Salad
This 4 ingredient apple cucumber salad is such an easy and flavorful salad that can be thrown together in just 5 minutes. Enjoy it with crispy tofu, a grilled pork chop, or succulent shrimp.
Course Appetizer, Salad, Side Dish
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 0 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
Servings 1 person
- ⅓ whole Tart Apple Granny Smith, Braeburn, Pink Lady
- 3 inch piece English Cucumber
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- pinch Kosher salt
Using a mandolin or sharp knife, julienne 3 inch piece of an English cucumber and ⅓ whole tart apple.
Transfer julienned cucumber and apple to mixing or serving bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of kosher salt.
Mix with a fork. Let sit 5-10 minutes, if you can. Refrigerate for up to 3-5 days.
- Tart apples add the most flavor to this simple apple cucumber salad. I recommend using a granny smith apple, braeburn, pink lady, or other tart apple.
- English cucumber skin is more thin than regular cucumbers, I recommend using this cucumber and leaving the skin on.
- You can remove the skin of both the cucumber and apple if you'd like, but they add a nice flavor and texture if you leave them on.
- You can substitute the apple cider vinegar for red wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar depending on what you have at home or what you're serving this salad with.
- Other ingredients to add in: sunflower seeds, feta cheese, chopped nuts, freshly ground black pepper, red chili flakes, etc.