Dark Chocolate Waffles
Have 15 minutes? Add 2 ingredients to your favorite pancake mix to make these delicious healthy chocolate waffles that taste like they're homemade.
Servings 2 full waffles
medium mixing bowl
- ⅓ cup Pancake/waffle mix I used Kodiak cakes mix
- ½ Tablespoons Dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup fresh strawberries cut into bitesized pieces
- Whipped cream
- maple syrup
Mix ⅓ c waffle mix according to directions on box. Add in ½ tablespoon cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon sugar (if mix is not very sweet to begin with). Stir until just incorporated.
Pour mix into heated waffle iron that has been coated with cooking spray. Make waffles.
Top with butter, syrup, fresh whipped cream, and berries
- Swap the dark cocoa powder for regular cocoa powder if you don't like dark chocolate, or don't have dark cocoa powder.
- Double or triple recipe to have leftover waffles!
- Pour enough batter into waffle maker to almost cover all the iron.