DIY Waffle Bar
Throw together an easy DIY waffle bar to celebrate Galentine's Day this February or weekend brunch with your favorite people.
Servings 10 people
- 2 cups Pancake/Waffle mix
- 2 cups fresh berries sliced if needed
- fresh whipped cream
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
- chopped nuts
- maple syrup
- ground cinnamon
Mix waffle mix according to box directions. Heat up waffle iron, and spray waffle iron with cooking spray before pouring batter in. Cook waffles. While waffles are cooking, heat up oven to 200 degrees, place a large baking pan in oven with a lid. Transfer cooked waffles to baking pan to keep them warm as the others cook.
Cut up fruit and toppings, put toppings in serving bowls.
Place bowls of toppings on a table, add waffles right before serving. Serve and enjoy.
- Use your favorite pancake/waffle mix OR make your own. Here's a great & easy recipe from The Stay at Home Chef.
- If you want to make chocolate waffles, here's an easy recipe using plain pancake/waffle mix.
- You can also make waffles ahead of time and refrigerate/freeze ahead of time. Then reheat in oven or toaster so they don't get soggy.
- Serve with any of the following for variety: scrambled eggs or frittata, bacon, sausage, cocktails or mocktails.
- Use strawberries, Nutella, peanut butter, bananas, yogurt, whipped cream, and chocolate chips as toppings!
- Make about ¼ recipe more than the number of guests you anticipate, unless you've got a lot of protein rich foods. This will ensure you've got a few extra if anyone wants seconds!
- Freeze remaining waffles for a quick and exciting breakfast