Make this Air Fryer broccolini when you're in the mood for a very quick, flavorful, crispy vegetable in just about 10 minutes. It can be made in the oven just as easily too.
Tender Air Fryer broccolini is an easy side dish to make while making dinner. Cook it with your main, if you're making something like Air Fryer Salmon.
Broccolini is a tender version of broccoli, it's not necessary for this recipe. Substitute it for regular broccoli if that's what you can find, or want to save some money on fresh produce. Broccolini is usually more expensive.
Another note about this vegetable, you don't have to make it in an Air Fryer. Sautee it or bake in the oven if that's what you have.
Air Fryers are cool tools, that have a purpose for sure, but if I didn't get one for work, I wouldn't buy one for myself. I prefer the taste of crispy foods that are pan fried or baked.
Cooking food in the Air Fryer makes it more crunchy than crispy in my experience. Although, it's a great way to cook frozen breaded chicken tenders, fish, and vegetables.
Scroll down to the Air Fryer broccolini recipe card for the amounts of each ingredient, but here's a quick visual + description of what's in this recipe.
- Olive oil
Scroll down to the recipe card for more detailed instructions. Here's a quick overview + photos to see how to make this recipe in general.
Preheat Air Fryer while preparing the broccolini. Wash and dry broccolini well. Cut off stems and more, if needed to fit in Air Fryer. Cut off long leaves too, if there are any.
Smaller leaves are fine to leave on.
Drizzle olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper onto broccolini, while it's on the cutting board. Toss to coat.
Place broccolini in Air Fryer basket and replace in Air Fryer. Set temperature to 380 degrees, or 375, if that's a setting. Set timer to 4 minutes. Cook, and cook another 1-2 minutes if needed as Air Fryer cooking times vary.
Remove and enjoy your Air Fryer broccolini immediately with your main dish.
Leftovers can be stored in an air-tight container for 3-5 days. You can make extra for other meals, but it cooks so quickly that I recommend cooking it as needed. Reheat in the Air Fryer or microwave.
Mains that go well with broccolini
- Pesto Pasta for One
- Pan Seared Pork Chops. You can swap the green beans for Air Fryer broccolini
- One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Ham and Swiss Sliders
- Lemon Carbonara
- Pork Chops with Apples
Make broccolini in the oven
Season your broccolini the same way, and bake in a 425 degree F oven for about 5-10 minutes. Adjust time to your preference and oven.
- Substitute broccolini for broccoli, just cut into equal sized pieces, and you may need to cook it a bit longer.
- Other great seasonings: Italian seasoning + lemon, top with parmesan cheese after cooking, Herbs de Provence + lemon, etc will all be great on your Air Fryer broccolini.
Definitely, I'd highly recommend it. Broccolini isn't as widely available and much more expensive than broccoli. Just cut the broccoli up into small, equal sized pieces. You may need to cook it longer than Air Fryer broccolini.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
- Broccolini: Substitute it for broccoli in this Beef and Broccoli and Chicken Broccoli Casserole.
- Lemon: Sparkling Berry Lemonade, Lemon Carbonara, Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins, and Arugula Basil Pesto.
Did you make this Air Fryer broccolini? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
Air Fryer Broccolini
- cutting board
- Measuring cups, spoons
- Air Fryer
- 1 small handful broccolini about 4-5 stalks, or enough for one serving
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat Air Fryer while preparing broccolini, just use default temperature setting.
- Wash and thoroughly dry broccolini by shaking and then wrapping it in a towel. Cut ends off, and more if needed to fit in your Air Fryer basket. Cut off long leaves.
- Keep broccolini on cutting board, drizzle about 1 teaspoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper. Toss to coat with seasonings.
- Remove basket, place broccolini in basket, replace in Air Fryer. Set temperature to 380 degrees, or about that. Set timer to 4 minutes. Cook, and add 1-2 minutes if necessary as cooking times vary.
- Substitute broccolini for broccoli (or really any vegetable), just cut into equal sized pieces, and you may need to cook it a bit longer.
- You can make more for leftovers or more people, but if possible just make it fresh because it's best and crispy that way.
- Other great add-ins: Italian seasoning + lemon, top with parmesan cheese after cooking, Herbs de Provence + lemon, etc.