This easy roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe is perfect for meal prep. Make it ahead of time in just 15-20 minutes, and then add seasonings later to use in different meals. You can also try these easy Roasted Root Vegetables or Roasted Mushrooms.
Table of contents
How will this broccoli and mushrooms side dish make your life easier?
I'm always telling my clients to buy or make one vegetable (or two) for the week, if they want to eat vegetables. This is super helpful when you cook for one, because it's too easy to buy vegetables and accidentally let them rot.
Make these simple roasted broccoli and mushrooms one night, save the rest for other meals, and season them when you're going to eat them. That way you can adjust the flavors to go with whatever you're having for dinner.
Other great vegetable sides:
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Broccolini
- Kale Broccoli and Dried Cherry Salad
- Roasted Mushrooms
What makes this baked broccoli and mushrooms so good?
How do I make these roasted veggies?
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Start making your roasted broccoli and mushrooms by washing your broccoli and mushrooms. Carefully dry the mushrooms so they crisp up in the oven.
Cut broccoli florets and cut mushrooms in half.
Transfer veggies for your roasted broccoli and mushrooms to your baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper on it or a baking mat.
Drizzle olive oil over vegetables, then sprinkle salt and pepper over them. Toss until oil, salt, and pepper cover all vegetables.
Roast vegetables for 10-15 minutes, or up to 20, depending on how crispy you like them.
- Add your roasted broccoli and mushrooms to a dish like Creamy Mushroom Chicken over Rice, Easy Pasta Sauce, or this Vegetarian Harvest Bowl.
- Pinch of garlic powder, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese
- Dash of balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of Italian Seasoning and parmesan cheese
- Pinch of Herbs de Provence and lemon juice
- Double or triple this roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe for lots of veggies for the week
- You can use any combination of vegetables in this roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe, just cut all veggies the same size.
- Toss vegetables with oil and seasonings in a separate bowl for better coverage. But this method is really easy.
Absolutely. You can roast lots of vegetable combinations together. Just cut your vegetables into similar sized pieces. You can find instructions to bake broccoli and mushrooms in this recipe post.
Cook them properly, roasting vegetables is a great way to enjoy them. Season them well (salt and pepper at the least). You can make roasted vegetables like in this recipe, a Cucumber Apple Salad, or Broccoli Salad with Yogurt Dressing.
Broccoli is great roasted, like in this roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe; it's also great steamed or quickly cooked with a sauce, or served raw as a refreshing salad.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
- Broccoli: Beef and Broccoli, Small Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower, and Broccoli Salad, substitute broccoli for broccolini in this Air Fryer Broccolini recipe.
- Mushrooms: Creamy Mushroom Chicken with Rice, One Pot Chicken Bacon and Mushroom Pasta, Easy Garlic Roasted Mushrooms, Mushroom Cream Sauce for Ravioli, Instant Pot, Chicken and Mushroom Soup.
Did you make these roasted broccoli and mushrooms? Leave me a comment & rating to share how they turned out!
Roasted Broccoli and Mushrooms
- cutting board
- baking sheet
- Measuring cups, spoons
- 1 medium broccoli crown about 2 cups chopped
- 6-8 white button mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Wash vegetables, carefully dry mushrooms. Cut broccoli into even pieces, cut mushrooms in half. You should have about 2 cups chopped broccoli.
- Transfer vegetables to a baking sheet with a baking mat on it. Drizzle about 2 Tablespoons of oil over vegetables, sprinkle salt and pepper over veggies. Toss with tongs.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, or until desired doneness. Toss every 10 minutes.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Add additional seasonings to vegetables prior to reheating, if desired.
- You can substitute the vegetables in this roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe for any that you have on hand or like.
- Easily double or triple the recipe.
- Add these vegetables to lots of dishes, or add more seasonings (suggestions can be found in the substitution section)
Want to get more single serving recipes and others like these roasted broccoli and mushrooms delivered to your inbox? Click here to download my Single Serving Cookbook.
Recipes are great, but you’ll need a simple 3 step process to create a meal plan that make cooking easy & helps you stop wasting food. Check out this expertly developed meal planning guide to get started.
Oh yum! I love the flavor of the roasted vegetables, especially mushrooms. They look so good and come together so easily!
Jyoti Behrani says
I made this last night and it was fantastic! The family loved it. Thanks for sharing!
awesome! glad you liked it
Abigail Raines says
Love that such a simple vegetable dish can be made so flavorful! My family would enjoy this!
let me know how it turns out
I love roasted broccoli and pairing it with mushrooms is such a great idea! The combination was earthy, satisfying and delicious!
awesome! it's so simple and tasty
My two fave veggies!!!! I put this in my air fryer and it came out perfectly! Such as easy, healthy side dish!!
so great to hear!
This was so insanely good!!! Thank you so much for rescuing my broccoli from the horrors of steamed mediocrity! Never again will I use any other method than yours! 🙂
oh yes, steamed broccoli isn't always the best. enjoy it now and later!