This easy roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe is perfect for meal prep. Make it ahead of time in just 15-20 minutes, and then add seasonings later to use in different meals.
[This recipe was originally posted in March 2022. It has been updated with cooking instructions, expert tips, FAQ, related recipes and ways to repurpose/use up ingredients]
Table of contents
How will this broccoli and mushrooms side dish make your life easier?
I'm always telling my clients to buy or make one vegetable (or two) for the week, if they want to eat vegetables. This is super helpful when you cook for one, because it's too easy to buy vegetables and accidentally let them rot.
Make these simple roasted broccoli and mushrooms one night, save the rest for other meals, and season them when you're going to eat them. That way you can adjust the flavors to go with whatever you're having for dinner.
What makes this baked broccoli and mushrooms so good?
Scroll down to the roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe card for the amounts of each ingredient, but here's a quick visual + description of what's in this recipe.
- Olive Oil: Use olive oil or vegetable oil. The oil shouldn't burn when you just cook them for about 15 minutes.
- Salt, pepper: keep the seasonings very simple for this recipe. Add more seasonings when you add it to your main dish, or add directly to a sauce or dish.
How do I make these roasted veggies?
Scroll down to the recipe card for more detailed instructions. Here's a quick overview + photos to see how to make this recipe in general.
1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Wash broccoli and mushrooms. Carefully dry the mushrooms so they crisp up in the oven.
3. Cut broccoli florets and cut mushrooms in half.
4. Transfer veggies baking sheet with a sheet of parchment paper on it or a baking mat. Drizzle olive oil over vegetables, then sprinkle salt and pepper over them. Toss until oil, salt, and pepper cover all vegetables.
5. Roast vegetables for 10-15 minutes, or up to 20, depending on how crispy you like your roasted broccoli and mushrooms.
- Add roasted broccoli and mushrooms to a dish like Creamy Mushroom Chicken over Rice, Easy Pasta Sauce, or this Vegetarian Harvest Bowl.
- Pinch of garlic powder, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese
- Dash of balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of Italian Seasoning and parmesan cheese
- Pinch of Herbs de Provence and lemon juice
Store leftover roasted broccoli and mushrooms in an airtight container. It should last about a week.
Reheat in the Air Fryer, oven, or microwave. You can also add the vegetables to pasta sauce or another dish, heat it up with the dish for an easy dinner.
- Double or triple this roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe for lots of veggies for the week
- You can use any combination of vegetables in this roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe, just cut all veggies the same size.
- Toss vegetables with oil and seasonings in a separate bowl for better coverage. But this method is really easy.
Absolutely. You can roast lots of vegetable combinations together. Just cut your vegetables into similar sized pieces. You can find instructions to bake broccoli and mushrooms in this recipe post.
Cook them properly, roasting vegetables is a great way to enjoy them. Season them well (salt and pepper at the least).
You can make roasted vegetables like in this recipe, a Cucumber Apple Salad, or Broccoli Salad with Yogurt Dressing.
Broccoli is great roasted, like in this roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe; it's also great steamed or quickly cooked with a sauce, or served raw as a refreshing salad.
Other great vegetable sides
- Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Broccolini
- Kale Broccoli and Dried Cherry Salad
- Roasted Mushrooms
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
When you're cooking for one, you often have leftover produce, cans of whatever ingredient, etc. Here are a couple ideas on how to use up the leftover ingredients. It'll help you save money by wasting fewer ingredients.
- Broccoli: Beef and Broccoli, Small Chicken and Broccoli Casserole, Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower, and Broccoli Salad, substitute broccoli for broccolini in this Air Fryer Broccolini recipe.
- Mushrooms: Creamy Mushroom Chicken with Rice, One Pot Chicken Bacon and Mushroom Pasta, Easy Garlic Roasted Mushrooms, Mushroom Cream Sauce for Ravioli, Instant Pot, Chicken and Mushroom Soup.
Did you make these roasted broccoli and mushrooms? Leave me a comment & rating to share how they turned out!
Roasted Broccoli and Mushrooms
- cutting board
- baking sheet
- Measuring cups, spoons
- 1 medium broccoli crown about 2 cups chopped
- 6-8 white button mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Wash vegetables, carefully dry mushrooms. Cut broccoli into even pieces, cut mushrooms in half. You should have about 2 cups chopped broccoli.
- Transfer vegetables to a baking sheet with a baking mat on it. Drizzle about 2 Tablespoons of oil over vegetables, sprinkle salt and pepper over veggies. Toss with tongs.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, or until desired doneness. Toss every 10 minutes.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Add additional seasonings to vegetables prior to reheating, if desired.
- You can substitute the vegetables in this roasted broccoli and mushrooms recipe for any that you have on hand or like.
- Easily double or triple the recipe.
- Add these vegetables to lots of dishes, or add more seasonings (suggestions can be found in the substitution section)