This air fryer broccoli and cauliflower recipe is an easy way to get veggies that taste roasted, but take less than 15 minutes to make. Use this simple seasoning or add your own for an easy side dish.
Table of contents
How will this veggie recipe make your life easier?
If you like vegetables with meals, or have veggies that need to be eaten, a quick, low effort recipe is exactly what you need. This air fryer broccoli and cauliflower recipe is easy and just takes about 10-15 minutes to make.
Prep it ahead of time, and quickly reheat in the air fryer, or make them fresh. This recipe is great because it's easy and has very simple seasoning meaning that you can adjust it to go well with your entree.
What can I serve these veggies with:
- Add them in the last 5 minutes of cooking this Air Fryer Frozen Salmon.
- Instant Pot Fish
- Single Serving Mac & Cheese
- Lemon Carbonara
- Butternut Squash Lasagna Rolls
What makes this air fried vegetables recipe so good?
- Broccoli: this crunchy vegetable is great in the air fryer. Broccoli florets and stalks are good in this recipe. The stalks are tender inside and crispy outside.
- Cauliflower: It cooks similarly to broccoli, making it a great companion in this air fryer broccoli and cauliflower recipe.
- Olive Oil: a drizzle of oil helps crisp up your vegetables and keeps them from drying out too much with the high heat.
- Garlic Powder: Easy way to add a bit of sweet garlicky flavor without having to chop any actual garlic or accidentally burn it in the air fryer.
- Salt: brings out the broccoli and cauliflower flavors
How do I make air fryer cauliflower and broccoli?
To start your air fryer broccoli and cauliflower, preheat the air fryer at 370 degrees for 5 minutes. Chop both vegetables into bite sized pieces. The smaller you chop them, the quicker they will cook. Leave stalks on.
Drizzle olive oil, salt, and garlic powder over vegetables on the cutting board. Toss with your hands on tongs.
Transfer cut broccoli and cauliflower florets and stalks to air fryer basket, spread out into one layer, so broccoli and cauliflower aren't touching. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Toss 1-2 times during cooking time.
Once your air fryer broccoli and cauliflower are browned on the edges, they're done. Serve with your favorite main dish. Store leftovers in an air tight container for up to 5-7 days, or until it starts to look and especially smell off.
If you have leftovers, reheat in air fryer for 1-2 minutes.
Other Seasoning Ideas
- Olive oil + fresh lemon juice + parmesan cheese
- Olive oil + Italian seasoning or Herbs de Provence + salt
- Neutral oil + soy sauce + dash of ginger powder + sprinkle of brown sugar
- Olive oil + dijon mustard + lemon juice + salt
- Leftover salad dressing
- Double or triple for leftovers.
- Substitute either broccoli or cauliflower for chopped zucchini, carrots, onions, etc.
- You can use frozen broccoli and cauliflower. Just add another 5 or so minutes to the cooking time. Frozen air fryer broccoli and cauliflower are great.
- Other great add-ins: parmesan cheese, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, sunflower seeds, chopped fresh herbs, etc. See seasoning ideas for your air fryer broccoli and cauliflower in the section above.
Some people say it does take longer to cook cauliflower than broccoli, but I haven't noticed much of a difference. You can cut your cauliflower into smaller pieces if you'd like though.
The cauliflower is a bit more tender than broccoli in this air fryer broccoli and cauliflower recipe because broccoli florets get crispier than cauliflower florets.
Air fryer broccoli might burn because the temperature is too high, it's being cooked too long, or it wasn't tossed in oil or sprayed with it. I cook fresh broccoli at 370 degrees, for about 5-8 minutes. Less than other recipes.
Yes definitely. Follow the directions for this air fryer broccoli and cauliflower, just cook them for about 5 minutes longer. You can still add oil and spices to the frozen florets. Toss every couple minutes, still.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
- Broccoli: Roasted Broccoli and Mushrooms, Beef and Broccoli, Broccoli Greek Yogurt Salad, Kale and Broccoli Salad, and Chicken Broccoli Divan.
- Cauliflower: Serve with this Chicken Bacon Sheet Pan Dinner, Shrimp and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner.
Did you make this air fryer broccoli and cauliflower? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
- cutting board
- Measuring cups, spoons
- Air Fryer
- ¾ cup broccoli chopped into bite sized pieces
- ¾ cup cauliflower chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat air fryer to 370 degrees for 5 minutes. While preheating, chop up broccoli and cauliflower into bite sized pieces, enough to make about 1 ½ cups total.
- Keeping vegetables on cutting board, drizzle about 1 teaspoon olive oil over vegetables, about ¼ teaspoon koshser salt, and about ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder over vegetables. Toss with hands or tongs.
- When air fryer is done preheating, transfer broccoli and cauliflower to air fryer basket. Arrange into one layer, leave space between each piece of vegetable so they can crisp up.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes, until desired crispiness. Remove basket and toss 1-2 times during cooking time.
- Remove at desired crispiness. Serve with your main dish. Add additional seasonings, if desired.
- Substitute broccoli and cauliflower for whatever vegetables you have on hand. Use vegetables you would roast, like asparagus, zucchini, onion slices, and carrots.
- See notes above recipe card for additional seasoning options.
- Double cooking time if cooking from frozen. Frozen vegetables cook well in an air fryer, so try it!
Recipes are great, but you’ll need a simple 3 step process to create a meal plan that make cooking easy & helps you stop wasting food. Check out this expertly developed meal planning guide to get started.