This 4 ingredient apple cucumber salad is such an easy and flavorful salad that can be thrown together in just 5 minutes. Enjoy it with crispy tofu, a grilled pork chop, or succulent shrimp.
Table of contents
How will this cucumber apple salad make your life easier?
When cooking for one, I recommend:
a) make a one pot or simple dish that's got protein, carbs, and maybe a vegetable in it
b) make a yummy protein and really simple carb/possible veggie
c) make a tasty side and pair it with a simple protein.
This method makes cooking less overwhelming and super easy! That's where this cucumber salad comes in. Except it's not only the star of the plate, it's super easy. This cucumber salad recipe has a 3 ingredient dressing to bring out the flavors.
What makes this cucumber salad so good?
How do I make this apple salad recipe
The first step to make this apple cucumber salad is to julienne your English cucumber, apple with a mandolin or knife. I recommend using an English cucumber because the skin is thiner and use a tart apple so it's really flavorful.
Transfer your apple and cucumber to a mixing bowl or serving bowl, then add olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of salt to make the salad dressing. Toss with your hands or a fork. Let sit at least 5-10 minutes to let flavors combine.
This salad is great a day or two after making it. So make extra for later if you'd like.
- You don't have to julienne the cucumber and apple, but it's highly recommended so each bite is really flavorful from the bright dressing.
- Adjust olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt in the apple cucumber salad to your taste preference.
- You can substitute the apple cider vinegar for red wine vinegar or rice wine if that's what you have or if it goes better with other foods you're making for dinner
- Other great add-ins: sunflower seeds, feta cheese, chopped nuts, freshly ground black pepper, jicama, etc.
There are lots of ways to make a cucumber salad, including this apple cucumber salad. You will slice your cucumbers, add other vegetables, and a salad dressing that likely has oil, vinegar or citrus juice, and spices maybe.
Here are a couple other cucumber salad recipes: Cucumber Tomato Salad and Carrot Cucumber Salad.
Really you can use any apple, the best one depends on the other flavors in the salad. I recommend tart, crunchy apples because they add lots of flavor and texture to the salad.
How can I repurpose this salad?
Add leftover dressed apples and cucumbers from this cucumber apple salad to a green salad or a wrap.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
- Apple: Holiday Kale Slaw, Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats, Apple Omelet with Sharp Cheddar.
- Cucumber: Carrot Cucumber Salad, Cucumber Tomato Salad, or Watermelon Chicken Salad.
Did you make this apple cucumber salad? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
Apple Cucumber Salad
- cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- ⅓ whole Tart Apple Granny Smith, Braeburn, Pink Lady
- 3 inch piece English Cucumber
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- pinch Kosher salt
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, julienne 3 inch piece of an English cucumber and ⅓ whole tart apple.
- Transfer julienned cucumber and apple to mixing or serving bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of kosher salt.
- Mix with a fork. Let sit 5-10 minutes, if you can. Refrigerate for up to 3-5 days.
- Tart apples add the most flavor to this simple apple cucumber salad. I recommend using a granny smith apple, braeburn, pink lady, or other tart apple.
- English cucumber skin is more thin than regular cucumbers, I recommend using this cucumber and leaving the skin on.
- You can remove the skin of both the cucumber and apple if you'd like, but they add a nice flavor and texture if you leave them on.
- You can substitute the apple cider vinegar for red wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar depending on what you have at home or what you're serving this salad with.
- Other ingredients to add in: sunflower seeds, feta cheese, chopped nuts, freshly ground black pepper, red chili flakes, etc.
Recipes are great, but you’ll need a simple 3 step process to create a meal plan that make cooking easy & helps you stop wasting food. Check out this expertly developed meal planning guide to get started.