Make these easy and delicious apple cinnamon overnight oats in 5 minutes so you can have a delicious and super easy grab and go breakfast. Here are 2 other great overnight oat recipes- Overnight Oats with Yogurt, Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats, and a bunch of Overnight Oat Recipes.
How will these apple cinnamon overnight oats make your life easier?
If you're anything like me, you love a good breakfast, but don't love spending any time in the morning making it. These apple cinnamon overnight oats are great because you can batch prep a couple servings ahead of time for grab & go breakfasts. They just take 5 minutes, and have great flavor, protein, and textures to keep you satisfied and satiated through the morning.
What makes these oats so good?
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Old fashioned oats
- Peanut butter
- Chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Granny smith apple
How do I make apple cinnamon overnight oats?
Start by chopping one medium granny smith apple. I like to chop mine into ½ inch pieces, but you can grate it or chop it bigger or smaller depending on how chunky you want your apple to be.
Grab a small container with a lid, a jar or glass container both work, but are heavy. Spoon in ¼ c plain (or flavored) Greek yogurt, ½ c old fashioned oats, 1 T peanut butter, 1 tsp chia seeds, ½ tsp vanilla extract, ½ tsp cinnamon, and your chopped granny smith apple. Of course, just use your favorite apple. (I like the granny smith apples because they're tart, but fuji, golden delicious, honeycrisp, or whatever apple you have/like will work great!) Finally, pour ¾ c milk over oatmeal, make sure that at least the oats are all covered. Stir or shake oatmeal mixture if you'd like (I usually don't) and refrigerate for up to 5 days. You can eat it cold or heat it up in the morning.
- If you're taking this to work, I recommend a light weight container with a lid that seals. Glass is a great option, but gets heavy.
- Use your favorite kind of apple
- You can swap the chia seeds for flax or another similar seed. Or just skip them, either way!
What does soaking oats overnight do?
Soaking the oats will soften them up and make them easier to eat. They'll get that great cooked texture without having to cook them. They are a bit chewier than cooked oats, but the texture is still great.
Can you leave overnight oats for 2 nights?
Absolutely, you can refrigerate overnight oats for up to 5 days, but honestly probably more. Open up your jar, take a good sniff and if it smells good, you can eat it.
What happens if you don't soak oats?
Your oats may be hard to eat and really chewy. Soaking them in liquid hydrates them and softens them. I wouldn't eat non-soaked or non-cooked oats.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
Did you make these apple cinnamon overnight oats? Leave me a comment & rating to share how they turned out!
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- container with lid
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 granny smith apple
- ¾ cup milk
- Chop apple.
- Spoon in ½ c plain (or flavored) Greek yogurt, ¾ c old fashioned oats, 1 T peanut butter, 1 tsp chia seeds, ½ tsp vanilla extract, ½ tsp cinnamon, and your chopped granny smith apple. Of course, just use your favorite apple. Pour 1 c milk over oatmeal, at least cover oats. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- You can use a honeycrisp, fuji, or any other apple that you like.
- Feel free to add a banana or some sugar if you like it sweeter than it is.
- Use your favorite flavor of yogurt.
- Swap the chia seeds for flax seeds, or omit.
- Glass jars look great and can be great, but can also be heavy, if you're taking this to work, consider a lighter weight container.
Recipes are great, but you’ll need a simple 3 step process to create a meal plan that make cooking easy & helps you stop wasting food. Check out this expertly developed meal planning guide to get started.