Celebrate the 4th of July, or any other summer morning with this red, white, and blue chia pudding made with fresh strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. This triple berry chia pudding just takes a few minutes to prep and is as delicious as it is pretty. Make these Red White and Blue Popsicles, Oatmeal Cherry Bars, or Blueberry Oreo Ice Cream instead.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
[This recipe was originally posted in June 2018. It has been updated with new cooking instructions, expert tips, FAQ, related recipes, and ways to repurpose/use up ingredients]
How will this triple berry chia pudding make your life easier?
Chia pudding is a favorite of mine because it’s versatile, is easy, and gives me a break from my usual yogurt and granola. Because we all need a variety in our life, right?
This chia pudding is a great batch cooking breakfast/snack. Make enough to last through the week. It stores well and is really easy to grab and go.
What makes this chia pudding so good?
- Dry chia seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Mixed berries
How do I make berry chia pudding?
Mix together chia seeds and water, stir. Set aside on counter for 20-25 minutes, stir occasionally. (don’t let set in fridge, it gets goopy)
Expert Tip: Stir well with a whisk right away, and occasionally so it doesn’t get goopy. Keep at room temperature.
Add milk, vanilla, and sugar after seeds have expanded. Top with fresh berries and enjoy
- Stir well with a whisk right away
- If you can, stir a couple other times while it sets, this will help prevent clumping
- Let it set at room temperature, this too will help prevent clumping.
- Wash your hands after making, and check your clothes- these chia seeds are sticky! I’ve found them lodged in my fingernails, on my sandals, and stuck to the counter a few times. It’s a bit messy, but super easy to wipe up when hydrated.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
- (chia seeds) Peanut Butter Banana Chia Pudding, PB Granola, and Hawaiian Roll Sliders.
- (berries) Blueberry Chocolate Muffins, Summer Berry Salad
Did you make this triple berry chia pudding? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
Triple Berry Chia Pudding
- Small bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- 1/4 cup dry chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
- Mix together chia seeds and water, stir. Set aside on counter for 20-25 minutes, stir occasionally. (don’t let set in fridge, it gets goopy)
- Add milk, vanilla, and sugar after seeds have expanded. Top with fresh berries and enjoy.
- Stir chia seeds a couple times while they sit, this will make sure they don’t get too clumped together
- this is a great prep-ahead breakfast or snack. Add chocolate chips for a special treat!