This no-churn frozen Greek yogurt with tart cherry sauce is as delicious as it is easy. Grab all the ingredients at Sprouts for a convenient treat. Try these cherry oatmeal bars too!
[This recipe was originally posted in February 2019. It has been updated with new cooking instructions, expert tips, FAQ, related recipes, and ways to repurpose/use up ingredients]
This post was created in partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market. I have been compensated for my time commitment. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Here I am with another recipe through my partnership with Sprouts Farmers Market. Sprouts is one of my favorite grocery stores.
I do a majority of my shopping there for high quality meats, lots of great priced produce, and a big bulk foods section.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
Table of contents
How will this dish make your life easier?
This frozen Greek yogurt is NO-CHURN, so if you're like me and don't have an ice cream maker or don't want to get it out, this is the recipe for you.
It just takes 5-10 minutes to prepare and will leave you with 8-10 servings of cherry goodness.
Since this recipe is made with pantry (or at least my pantry) staples, I can stock up on the ingredients and have them on hand for whenever I anticipate needing something cold and bursting with flavor.
That's where this frozen Greek yogurt comes into place.
What makes this Greek yogurt ice cream so good?
How do I make homemade frozen yogurt?
Start making your frozen Greek yogurt by adding your Greek yogurt, banana, and sugar to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Pour yogurt mix into loaf pan, then add frozen cherries and mint leaves. Stir together. Freeze at least 8 hours, or check earlier for a softer consistency.
Remove frozen Greek yogurt from freezer about 20-30 minutes prior to serving for an easy scoop. You can also use an excellent ice cream scoop, if you're strong. It's quite hard right out of the freezer.
Pour tart cherry concentrate over each scoop, enjoy!
- Substitute the plain Greek yogurt for honey, vanilla, or fruit flavored for a different flavor profile.
- I recommend using full-fat Greek yogurt for it's creamy consistency
- Use a fresh or frozen banana
- Other great add-ins: chocolate chunks or shavings, chocolate syrup, etc.
Just like homemade ice cream, you can make homemade frozen Greek yogurt. It freezes harder than ice cream made with sweetened condensed milk, but is delicious after a bit of a defrost.
You can also add lots of different flavors to it. This thawed frozen yogurt does separate a bit, making it grainy. The texture will change, but additional ingredients mixed in 'hides' the grainy texture.
Ok, so frozen Greek yogurt comes out rock hard solid, and it inedible out of the freezer.
Plan a bit ahead of time to eat it, and either leave it in the fridge for a couple hours or thaw it in a water bath for about 30 minutes before serving.
How can I repurpose?
- add chocolate sauce to
- add chocolate chips
- blend the frozen cherries into your cherry frozen Greek yogurt
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
- Greek yogurt: Overnight Oats with Yogurt, Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt Dip, or Chicken Pecan Salad.
- Banana: Strawberry Banana Milkshake or Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins.
- Cherry concentrate: tart cherry spritzers
- Mint: Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki
- Frozen dark cherries: Oatmeal Cherry Bars
Did you make this frozen Greek yogurt? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
No Churn Frozen Greek Yogurt with Tart Cherry Sauce
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- rubber spatula
- 32 ounce tub plain Greek yogurt full fat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- 1 cup frozen dark cherries
- ½ cup tart cherry juice concentrate
- handful mint leaves
- Add Greek yogurt, banana and sugar to blender, mix until smooth
- Pour into loaf pan, then add frozen cherries and mint leaves. Stir together
- Freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Take frozen yogurt out of freezer at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Let it sit in the fridge or place loaf pan in hot water to thaw yogurt enough to serve.
- Scoop frozen yogurt into bowls or glasses, pour tart cherry juice concentrate over each serving. Enjoy
- Use your favorite kind of Greek yogurt to make this frozen Greek yogurt
Recipes are great, but you’ll need a simple 3 step process to create a meal plan that make cooking easy & helps you stop wasting food. Check out this expertly developed meal planning guide to get started.