Have you ever thought of making air fryer corned beef? Try it this St Patrick's Day. You'll end up with flavorful corned beef with veggies that cooks quicker than on the stove. Add a Shamrock Shake for ultimate St Patty's American nostalgia.
Table of contents
How will this dish make your life easier?
If you love to make corned beef for St Patrick's Day every year, but want a fast, easy, and hands off method? This air fryer corned beef with veggies is the answer. This small batch recipe requires no additional spices, when you use the pickling spice pack.
Want to make corned beef in your Instant Pot instead? Try this Instant Pot Corned Beef recipe. It's just as easy. You only need to add water to this recipe.
Buy a 1-2 pounds and have enough leftover corned beef for a reuben sandwich or corned beef hash. You can also buy 3-4 pounds (which is much easier found) and freeze for later or make 6-8 servings.
Wonder if you should get an Air Fryer? Here's some info for you.
What makes this dish so good?
How do I cook corned beef in an Air Fryer?
The first step to make your air fryer corned beef is to cut up your vegetables and corned beef, if needed.
Place a sheet of aluminum foil in the basket. It needs to be big enough to completely cover the beef and vegetables. Place beef in foil, sprinkle portion of seasoning packet over beef, fold edges together to create a packet.
Replace basket in fryer. Cook air fryer corned beef at 360 degrees for 60 minutes.
After it's cooked for 60 minutes, add vegetables to your air fryer corned beef, just enough to fit in the basket. Seal foil packet. Cook at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
Test doneness of potatoes and slice a thin slice off corned beef to determine doneness. Taste test, if it's too chewy, cook at 20 minute increments until your air fryer corned beef is tender. Remove vegetables if they're done.
- Cabbage, baby potatoes, and carrots are great with this air fryer corned beef.
- If you bought a 3+ pound corned beef, slice 1-1.5 pounds off to cook. It needs to fit into your air fryer.
- Look for corned beef with seasoning in a packet instead of already added to the beef, it'll be too salty without boiling it in lots of water.
- Your corned beef may be up to temperature (145 degrees F) after 60 minutes, but it won't be very tender.
- Other great add-ins: other vegetables or no vegetables.
How do I make Instant Pot Corned Beef?
Here's the recipe for IP Corned Beef. It's super tender and easy to make.
Yes, you definitely can. This recipe shows you how. You may have to cut it to fit in your air fryer, so it'll be better if you're cooking corned beef for 1-2 people. I've realized it's more tender cooked in the crock pot or Instant Pot. But this is easy!
How can I repurpose?
Add leftover Air Fryer corned beef to a reuben sandwich or make corned beef hash for breakfast. You can freeze leftover cooked or uncooked corned beef.
Place cooked corned beef slices in air fryer to heat up for leftovers. Cook at 400 for 1-3 minutes.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
- Cabbage: Korean Beef Bulgogi, Red Wine Vinegar Coleslaw, Warm Kale Salad, or Veggie Tacos.
- Carrots: Red Wine Vinegar Coleslaw, Pan Fried Pork Chops with Apples, Roasted Winter Veggies, or this White Bean & Farro Salad.
- Potatoes: Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Baked Salmon in Parchment Paper, No-Mayo Potato Salad, Pan Seared Pork Chops, and Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets.
Did you make this air fryer corned beef? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
Air Fryer Corned Beef
- Large Air Fryer
- Tin Foil
- cutting board
- 1-1.5 pounds corned beef with spices (separate)
- 1-2 wedges green cabbage
- 2-3 small yukon gold potatoes
- 1 whole carrot
- Cut potatoes and carrots into equal sized pieces. Cabbage can be cut into larger wedges. Cut beef if needed.
- Place aluminum foil in fryer basket. Put 1-1.5 pound cut of corned beef on foil. Sprinkle spice packet over beef (use ratio of amount of beef used vs amount you bought). Close foil around beef. Replace basket in fryer. Set to 360 degrees, cook for 60 minutes.
- After 60 minutes, add vegetables, enough to fill the basket. Cover with foil, and cook at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Cook for another 20-30 minutes, if needed.
- Once potatoes and beef are tender, remove.
- Use a long sheet of foil in fryer basket. It should be big enough to fit in basket and cover beef and vegetables.
- You can cut 1-1.5 pounds of corned beef off of a larger piece of corned beef.
- If cutting off a smaller portion from your corned beef, add reciprocal amount of spices. For example: if you bought a 4 pound corned beef piece, use just over ¼ of the spices for your smaller portion.
- Cook corned beef until desired tenderness.
Recipes are great, but you’ll need a simple 3 step process to create a meal plan that make cooking easy & helps you stop wasting food. Check out this expertly developed meal planning guide to get started.