Add a squeeze of lime to this pomegranate mocktail for a refreshing, tart drink for one any time during the day. This 3 ingredient mocktail comes together in less than 5 minutes and is packed with flavor.
[This pomegranate mocktail recipe was originally posted in December 2017. It has been updated with new cooking instructions, expert tips, FAQ, related recipes and ways to repurpose/use up ingredients]
This pomegranate mocktail recipe calls for 3 ingredients making it a perfect quick drink for one or for a crowd. The bright red color makes it perfect for Christmas or other winter holidays, but it's ease makes it perfect any day!
If you're someone who gets bored with drinking plain water throughout the day, this drink is great. It's refreshing and packed with flavor. Plus it can be enjoyed any time of day since it's just juice and sparkling water.
Add vodka or gin to this exact recipe to make a great (and still really easy) adult drink.
Scroll down to the pomegranate mocktail recipe card for the amounts of each ingredient, but here's a quick visual + description of what's in this recipe.
- Pomegranate juice: For the strongest pomegranate flavor, I recommend using 100% pomegranate juice, but you can use whatever you have or prefer.
- Sparkling water: Plain or citrus flavored sparkling water are best
- Lime: freshly squeezed lime is my favorite addition to this pomegranate mocktail, but you could use lemon juice or bottled juice.
Scroll down to the recipe card for more detailed instructions. Here's a quick overview + photos to see how to make this recipe in general.
1. Start by adding a few ice cubes to a tall glass. Pour 100% pomegranate juice, then sparkling water into the glass.
You can also make a larger batch of pomegranate mocktail in a pitcher. But make just before serving because of the sparkling water.
2. Finish up by squeezing lime juice into the drink and stir. Serve pomegranate mocktail immediately.
This drink is best made just before serving since it's got sparkling water in it. If you do need to store it, and want to maintain as many bubbles as you can, store in an airtight container.
You can also freeze leftover pomegranate juice in an ice tray and quickly make a pomegranate mocktail any day!
- 100% pomegranate juice will be more flavorful than pomegranate juice cocktail or mixed pomegranate juice. But you can use what you have or prefer.
- Turn it into a cocktail by adding gin or vodka OR replace the sparkling water with champagne. There are lots of options for this drink!
- If you have fresh pomegranate, you can add a few pomegranate seeds or pomegranate aerils (same thing!) to your drink. I recommend using premade juice instead of trying to make your own, that sounds too time consuming!
- Other great add-ins: Simple syrup or other sugar, ginger ale, orange juice, mint, rosemary and thyme sprigs would each be good additions to this pomegranate mocktail.
A spritzer, like this pomegranate mocktail is made with sparkling water or a sparkling alcoholic beverage. I can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic.
If you want to enjoy the bold, tangy flavor of pomegranate juice, grab 100% pomegranate juice at the store. POM pomegranate juice and other brands sell 100% pomegranate juice.
Cherry juice or cherries, grapefruit, coconut water or milk, ginger, mint, maple syrup, etc. Spices like allspice, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, cumin too. From The Vegetarian Flavor Bible by Karen Page.
What to do with leftover ingredients
When you're cooking for one, you often have leftover produce, cans of whatever ingredient, etc. Here are a couple ideas on how to use up the leftover ingredients. It'll help you save money by wasting fewer ingredients.
Did you make this pomegranate mocktail? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
Pomegranate Mocktail with Lime
- cutting board
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- 1 cup sparkling water
- ¼ lime quartered
- Add a few ice cubes to a tall glass. Pour about 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice, then 1 cup of sparkling water into the glass.
- Finish up by squeezing juice from ¼ lime into the drink. Serve immediately.
- 100% pomegranate juice will be more flavorful than pomegranate juice cocktail or mixed pomegranate juice
- Turn it into a cocktail by adding gin or vodka OR replace the sparkling water with champagne.