Make this easy microwave egg in a cup (or bowl) for a quick breakfast for one, it can be made in under 10 minutes and is ready to grab and go. It's fluffy, creamy, and you can add so many delicious toppings!
[This recipe was originally posted in August 2017. It has been updated with new photos, cooking instructions, expert tips, FAQ, related recipes, video and ways to repurpose/use up ingredients]
Table of contents
How will microwave eggs make your life easier?
We all need quick breakfasts, that's why I love this microwave egg in a cup (or bowl). Grab a microwave safe cup or bowl, whisk eggs in it, add toppings and throw in the microwave a few minutes before you're ready to eat or head out. That's it!
Here are a couple other delicious, easy breakfast ideas:
- Spinach Apple Banana Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Chia Pudding
- Easy Yogurt Bowl
- Triple Berry Smoothie with Granola
What makes these microwave scrambled eggs so good?
- toppings of choice: like spinach, shredded cheese, and fresh tomatoes
How do I make a microwave egg bowl?
Make your microwave egg in a cup (or bowl) by cracking eggs into a microwave safe bowl. Add milk, beat with fork.
Add small handful of spinach, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper to eggs.
Place egg mixture in the microwave oven. Cook on high for 1.5-2 minutes. Stir and enjoy. If still really undercooked, cook another 30-45 seconds. If mostly cooked, remove from microwave, they'll continue to cook just a bit.
Top your microwave egg in a cup (or bowl) with sliced tomato. Enjoy with toast and fruit for a delicious breakfast.
- Whisk egg and add toppings at night, to quickly make your eggs in the morning.
- Cook your eggs in a cup, bowl, or whatever you have. It just needs to be microwave safe.
- Other great add-ins: cooked bacon, sausage, mushrooms, onions, cream cheese, ham, other vegetables. Top with hot sauce, salsa, or fresh avocado if desired.
Start by cooking your scrambled eggs on high for 1 ½-2 minutes. Stir, cook for 30-45 seconds more, stir and repeat if needed.
Short answer, yes! You can cook scrambled eggs in the microwave for example. Check out this microwave egg in a cup (or bowl) for instructions. You can cook your eggs in any dish that's microwave safe.
How can I repurpose these microwave eggs?
Serve your eggs inside a tortilla, bagel, or English muffin for a more filling breakfast.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
- Eggs: Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins, Chorizo Egg Casserole, Make Ahead Breakfast Sandwiches.
- Milk: Apple Pie Overnight Oats, Butterscotch Milkshake, Chia Seed Pudding, Semi Homemade BBQ Ranch.
Did you make this microwave egg in a cup? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
Microwave Egg in a Cup (or bowl)
- cutting board
- Small Microwave Safe Bowl
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- handful spinach
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Crack 2 eggs into a microwave safe bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons milk, beat with fork.
- Add small handful of spinach, 1 Tablespoon-ish of cheese, salt and pepper to eggs.
- Place egg mixture in the microwave. Cook on high for 1.5-2 minutes. Stir and enjoy. If still really undercooked, cook another 30-45 seconds. If mostly cooked remove from microwave, they'll continue to cook just a bit.
- Top with sliced tomato. Enjoy
- You can mix all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight for a really easy breakfast.
- Swap out the toppings if you need. Add some ham or sausage, mushrooms, or other veggies you have on hand.
Recipes are great, but you’ll need a simple 3 step process to create a meal plan that make cooking easy & helps you stop wasting food. Check out this expertly developed meal planning guide to get started.